Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I HEART HERB RITTS





I should have been a gay man. I'm serious. I love everything "gay man" style. Lets face it, gay men are better dancers, better dressers, better drama queens and more catty than any lesbian I know. On top of that, they don't try to sleep with you after they buy you one drink at the club, nor do they want to move in with you after one date. GAY MEN ARE SO DOPE AND I HEART THEM.

The one I heart the most is Herb Ritts. If you don't recognize the name, you will certainly recognize some of his work. His claim to fame started out with luck. Befriending Richard Gere (before he was famous) in Hollywood, Ritts and Gere decided to take some pictures in front of a beat up Buick in LA. The pictures were so good that Ritts gained some coverage and began focusing more seriously on photography. He became a famous celebrity photographer in the 80's and 90's, photographing the likes of the Dalai Lama, Ronald Reagan, Cindy Crawford and MADGE! He passed in 2002 due to complications from AIDS but his legacy lives on. I've included four of my personal favs from HR's work. Let me know what you think! Hope it inspires you to do something balls to the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment