Friday, January 15, 2010

YOU'RE SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE

Celebrity bands usually completely blow, but Juliette and the Licks is a mega exception. I saw them perform live for the first time in NYC at the Beacon in 2005, when they just released their first album, "You're Speaking My Language." I hadn't even heard a single song by J&L at that point yet was totally mesmerized by Juliette Lewis's performance. Her energy on stage was off the hook and her voice was totally Courtney Love(ish). Not only that, but she crowd surfed, wore a body suit, had a banging body, looked totally cracked out, has mad style vibes kickin' and was really dope! You can hear traces of PJ Harvey, 80's new wave and Iggy Pop (whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE) in her music. "You're Speaking My Language" is definitely my favorite album that J&L have made thus far and I found a cool little video of my fav J&L song! Rock out with your cock out...


No comments:

Post a Comment