Monday, February 1, 2010

CUBANNIE LINKS: DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT OTHERS SAY

Never saw glasses chains look so street!
I highly recommend these light-weight joints!
We all need a mother fuckin' gun!
Reminds me of Edie Sedgwick's bracelet she wore at Andy's side!

We should really stop listening to others. I think this whole "philosophical viewpoint" started for me at a very early age when I just completely stopped listening to my parents. I tried very diligently to do the exact opposite of everything they told me. It was highly annoying to them but really beneficial for me and quite fun too!!! They told me never to date girls and that was the first thing that I started doing...it really works for me:-) So when the media states that minimalism is back for accessorizing, I basically just say "FUCK YOU!" Are we, as a society, really going to listen to what journalists have to say about fashion anyway? These little pencil pushers probably go to The Gap for their wardrobes and completely have no idea of what "personal style" should reflect. Lets just do the opposite of what every media outlet tells us...that is what is in and fresh. Create your own look no matter what any one else says, especially your parents or the media! This is exactly why I am OBSESSED with Cubannie Links. She makes what she loves and has the philosophy of "The Bigger, The Better!"

I have never owned a pair of HUGE hoops that actually aren't heavy and can be worn all day without making your earlobes droop except for my Cubannie Links. Her price point is so affordable that anyone can purchase her off the hook designs! From celebrities adorning her pieces to the downtown NYC fashion forward crowd wearing her hoops, she is reaching people on all levels. What began in 2007 as a hobby has now evolved into a huge success. Founder and designer, Annie Basulto is gaining huge notoriety as being an innovative and fresh new designer on the women's streetwear scene. Check, check, check it out at www.cubannielinks.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment