Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PMF HEARTS BERT STERN

Rumors and speculation circulate as to how Marilyn Monroe died. I actually think Bert Stern killed her! Why not? He was lucky enough to take the most famous pictures known to man right before her death in 1962. His famous pictures of MM in a sleezy, booze infested hotel room at Hotel Bel Air made him instantly famous and insurmountably rich upon her death! Would these pictures have been so poignant otherwise? I think not! Therefore, my theory is that he slipped her a roofy and capitalized on her tragic death. Just kidding!
Bert Stern is dope and his published 1992 book, Marilyn Monroe: The Complete Last Sitting, of these amazing pics reached critical acclaim. In fact, this book is so hard to find that I scoured the streets of NYC in search of it to no avail. I must have gone to every bookstore below 14th Street and still couldn't manage to find that jump off. Soooooo...I decided to find mad pics on the internet and post them here for your viewing pleasure. If you can't get enough of MM and Bert Stern, you can check out my "Some Like It Hot" tee that I recreated off of my obsession with Bert Stern. Go to www.pmfclothing.com to buy this fresh tee! In 2008 Bert Stern photographed Lindsay Lohan, recreating the The Last Sitting. I happened to find some of those pics too!
Lindsay Lohan, Marilyn Monroe style!
I love this Lindsay Lohan recreation!
Comparing the 1962 Marilyn Monroe pic with the 2008 Lindsay Lohan pic.
This is my favorite Bert Stern pic of all time. I actually have a t-shirt with this on the front!

The infamous BS "X" is where I drew creative inspiration for my "Some Like It Hot" tee.



No comments:

Post a Comment